SpeciesHuman
ClassBarren
Age31
GenderMale (he/him/his)
PlayerNanna
TimezoneNorway UTC 2

A day without sunshine is,
you know, night.

He needed is own ship. No. He wanted it. Yesterday. Or the day before.

Tagging along on someone else's was okay, but damn would it be good to have his own, which he could manage just as he pleased. Well, that wasn't exactly true to be honest, as the pirates of the Alreider sea did have codes. But that was barely, even to his standards. So there he was on his way down to the docks to see if he could snag the interest of Sorle, the best boat builder in Idavold.

There were few boats in the fjord and only one was dragged onto the rocky shore to get an overhaul. Someone had rammed their ship into an iceberg and everyone knows how lucky they were to survive. He leaned against the hull as he crossed his arms and looked down at Sorle's ass and legs sticking out from under the boat. Ten seconds passed before he shook the jar he had brought, to get the guy's attention.

"I got a proposition for you, dear friend."

A loud thump and a good wiggle followed before Sorle got out and up, while rubbing his forehead with a hand. Cesare just smirked and held the jar out to him. "I need you to build me the fastest ship the world has ever seen." Again the jar was shaken and the liquid inside danced. "I'll pay you more than enough for it."

Sorle was not a young man, but neither a really old one either. He was as white as they came and with the temper to follow. Cesare knew this as well as the man's mistrust in him, after he (by no fault of his own), crashed the finest ship of the Ulfhednar's fleet 10 years ago. That was why the answer didn't surprise him at all:

"Hell no."

CREDITS
[Image: sword_complete_rune_without_blood_transp...-5ySc8m-JI]
"Are you as surprised as I am that I'm the only one here behaving myself?"

Find Reply

Cesare Ulfhednar, Outlander Alreider Pirate

NameCesare Ulfhednar
SpeciesHuman
ClassBarren
Age31
GenderMale (he/him/his)
PlayerNanna
TimezoneNorway UTC 2

you know, night.

"I'll marry your daughter. The ugly one."

Cesare held the gere out towards the man, who now seemed to consider the offer more thoroughly. With a nudge it was safely placed in oily hands and Sorle took a breath. Cesare didn't keep his, because the wait was literally killing him inside. "You need to get her pregnant. She wants kids." Sorle said as he started to get the jar open to smell the booze. With a grimace it was known that the stuff was the best. 

"Suuuure. No problem. I'll knock her up.. That won't be a problem." Cesare waived a hand while he said it, as if they were talking about fabric or a goat. Truthfully he would never had offered such a thing if the prize wasn't right. But this was a ship they were talking about and he was sure he'd be able to endure some dull conversations and put a sack over the woman's head whenever their duty needed to be fulfilled. Sorle's words brought him back. "Good, good. But I still want auds. And it will take some time to finish." 

Cesare had to behave himself at this point and casually threw a glance out of the fjord, just to have something to do (and for dramatic effect), before he looked back at Sorle, who was busy tasting the gere. "I want it done within the end of spretta." The man got the drink in his throat and started to cough and gasp for air when he heard the terms. "That's impossible!" Cesare slowly stood up and walked closer to Sorle, placing a hand on each of his shoulders, before a grin appeared on his face.

"You'll find a way. After all, you did father the most hideous kid this town has ever seen."

CREDITS

Find Reply

Cesare Ulfhednar, Outlander Alreider Pirate

NameCesare Ulfhednar
SpeciesHuman
ClassBarren
Age31
GenderMale (he/him/his)
PlayerNanna
TimezoneNorway UTC 2

you know, night.

A few moments went by, where the two men just looked at each other as Sorle slowly got his breath back. Then the fair haired man nodded and held out a hand, which Cesare accepted. Oil and sweat got mixed between warm palms as the two men sealed the deal as only men would. "By the end of falla then."

The smile was impossible to hide when those words were spoken. To hear it meant the world. No - it meant the sea. He would not be bound by others anymore, the future lay bright and it was all his for the taking. If the Alreider sea had not been deemed dangerous before, then it certainly had gained another monster. There would never again be a man that could tell him no or lift the whip to teach him a lesson. Never again would something think they knew better than him and get away with it. His life was his own. It was his choice as well as whatever it brought. Pain or death or happiness - bring it on. He was ready.

He let go of Sorle and turned to walk away, the pebbles under his shoes grinding when he moved. "What is her name?" Sorla asked to Cesare's back, but he didn't get an answer until the pebbles had been shifted out with short grass. Cesare turned slightly and looked at the boat builder. Unsure if he had heard the question, Sorla asked again. "The name of your ship. What will you call her?"

Cesare already had her name on his lips, one he had wanted to speak so many times before. He had dreamed of her roaming the grey sea as she carried his world with her. With her, he would finally be whole. 

"Skuld."

He said and turned his back to the sea.

Future.

CREDITS