SpeciesHuman
ClassBarren
Age31
GenderMale (he/him/his)
PlayerNanna
TimezoneNorway UTC 2

A day without sunshine is,
you know, night.

Ahh, the merchant district. Or what Cesare liked to call it - the cheapest shop in the world. Things just lay out in the open for the taking, waiting to be put into a leather pouch and be whisked away. But today he was going to behave himself. Or at least try. A little. Maybe. He sighed quietly and kept his hands to himself, one was kept busy by rolling a shining auds between his fingers. Nothing special caught his eyes as he continued to move through the labyrinth of people and wares. The air was yet not cold enough for him to wear heavy clothes like most would, so his scars were on display against tanned skin. Did he mind it? Hell no. Let them look at know what hid just behind the horizon from their darling city.

An apple was snatched up as he turned left by a stall and when the merchant protested, Cesare turned halfway and shot the aging man a glance that could not be mistaken. One of the hidden blades popped up and was used to cut a piece of the apple before he ate it, and by then no one really dared to interfere. Good. Even though if would have been fun if someone tried, just to get some shit happening.

Without thinking more of it, he continued his pointless walk until a very fine fae woman passed, which made him turn slightly to get a better look. Due to his focus being somewhere else, he didn't see the man he was sure just popped out of nothing and therefore crashed into him. Both blades were drawn simultaneously, ready to be forced into the guy's skull, but he stopped at the start of the motion as his eyes rested on a face he was sure he knew.

A few seconds went by while the half eaten rolled away from them on the ground.  "Tristan?"

CREDITS
[Image: sword_complete_rune_without_blood_transp...-5ySc8m-JI]
"Are you as surprised as I am that I'm the only one here behaving myself?"

Find Reply

Tristan Black, Kastalian Blacksmith

NameTristan Black
SpeciesHuman
ClassSal
Age29
GenderMale (He/Him/His)
PlayerSparrow
TimezoneWestern U.S. UTC -6

I’ll come to thee by the moonlight
though hell should bar the way

There was a lot that Tristan didn’t know. From whether he simply couldn’t remember them or if it had never been his knowledge in the first place, there were numerous things that he couldn’t comprehend in regards to the inner workings of the world, but what he did know was that it was foolish to get one's hopes up about things that were out of your control. It could only end in one of two ways, right? Breathless excitement or somber disappointment, and disappointment could be deadly.

Perhaps then it was incredibly curious why he was doing just that.

The smithy wasn’t even his yet, even though the elderly landlady assured him that since no one else had expressed interest his chances of claiming it were very high. It was a nice bit of reassurance, and one that perhaps caused the young man to do something foolish; prepare. He scribbled a list of various tools or items he would need once he moved into the smithy, as well as setting up a steady route of trade from the commerce men at the piers in the bay. With a list in hand and a bag tossed over his shoulder, Tristan left his rented room at a nearby tavern and escaped onto the streets.

The morning was spent weaving his way through the market stalls and various shops, stopping occasionally to browse some wares as he slowly marked off the items listed in his journal. Already the satchel hanging from his shoulder was heavy from his occasional purchasing, and rounding a corner he struggled to avoid a woman and her child while simultaneously attempting to shove the leather bound journal into the stuffed satchel at his side. It came as no surprise that he still collided into someone, and later Tristan would compare it like walking into a brick wall.

Bringing his hands up to brace himself against the person he accidentally crashed into, apologies already pouring out of his lips, the brunette attempted to not lose his balance and fall. “Sorry, sorry, I wasn’t watching where I was going and-” But the words died in his throat as the stranger spoke, crisp blue eyes lifting frantically to focus on the rather imposing form of the man he accidentally assaulted in the middle of a busy market street.

’Tristan?’

Lips parted in surprise, in shock and confusion and so many other emotions that he didn’t have names for. Recognition showed strongly in the stranger’s ice blue eyes, his scarred visage morphing from what could have been anger to genuine bewilderment. Slowly the brunette’s cerulean gaze trailed across every inch of rugged facial structure, taking in the scars, the stubble, the weathered look to his skin from outside exposure, the shaved style of his hair and the tattoos revealed upon the sides of his head. He stared, wanting to speak but finding that the words simply wouldn’t come.

Oh, the young man knew it would only be a matter of time until he found someone that knew him, he just honestly didn’t expect it to happen so soon. Already he could feel the merciless tendrils of a headache forming at the base of his skull, but he cleared his throat and offered what words he could softly muster, hardly perceptible over the din of the market bustle.

“Um, I’m sorry. Have we… Have we met?”

@Cesare Ulfhednar

Tristan Black
CREDITS

Find Reply

Cesare Ulfhednar, Outlander Alreider Pirate

NameCesare Ulfhednar
SpeciesHuman
ClassBarren
Age31
GenderMale (he/him/his)
PlayerNanna
TimezoneNorway UTC 2

A day without sunshine is,
you know, night.

Well, this took a turn for the worse, didn't it?

Not that Cesare had ever thought that he was easily forgotten, but to be turned into a total stranger and not really being sure if this was a joke or not, that really baffled him. And he had seen a lot. A hell of a lot in fact. And still this man managed what few could. It almost made him curse under his breath and for a second he just needed to calm the fuck down. Then he breathed and lifted a hand to put on Tristan's shoulder, after the blade had gone back into it's hiding spot. For a silent moment he just watched him, as if looking into that face would answer all his questions.

But it didn't. Of course not. Dammit.

"Man. What happened to you? You don't seem like yourself." He finally said and let his worry show in his face, which hardly ever happened. He even grabbed him on the other shoulder, like it would keep him there if Tristan decided to run away. "Yeah, we know each other. The.. Do you seriously not remember me? Me of all people?" Letting him go halfway, he gestured a few times at his face with a hand, with circular motions to underline it. Got to be sure you know. 

"You don't remember this ugly fucking face? At all?"

CREDITS

@Tristan Black
[Image: sword_complete_rune_without_blood_transp...-5ySc8m-JI]
"Are you as surprised as I am that I'm the only one here behaving myself?"

Find Reply

Tristan Black, Kastalian Blacksmith

NameTristan Black
SpeciesHuman
ClassSal
Age29
GenderMale (He/Him/His)
PlayerSparrow
TimezoneWestern U.S. UTC -6

I’ll come to thee by the moonlight
though hell should bar the way

A pit seemed to open in his gut and Tristan found that he didn’t know how to respond. The stranger reached a hand out and gripped him by the shoulder, but gratefully the hold wasn’t too tight or painful. Still he found his gaze enraptured, captivated by the vivid blue stare that had him in the man’s sight. There could be no doubt that this was a mistake. This man seemed far too confident that Tristan was who he thought he was for it to be a simple bout of mistaken identity, but…

Where he once had thought such an encounter would bring him joy, it currently brought him nothing but dread. The brunette felt his skin break out in a cold sweat, feeling both terribly hot and freezing cold at the same time. Something within him seemed to churn, a bitter, unpleasant taste coating his tongue due to the sudden anxiety that flared up. The beginnings of a headache that coiled up the base of his skull reached higher and higher, and already his vision was beginning to swim. Heart thudding in his chest, pulse racing, Tristan could do nothing but stare as he prayed for some semblance of recollection, no matter how small.

Nothing came.

This stranger knew who he has. Knew who he had been, but Tristan realized rather abruptly that he was uncertain if he wanted to know all of those major, impactful details. There was a certain ignorance in bliss, a peace that he had found by not knowing. Creating a life here was a blessing

Silence had his tongue but he listened, watching as the man made a motion towards his own scarred face. Brunette brows furrowed at the comment, his parted lips closing to twist down in a disapproving frown. Even though he didn’t know who this fellow was, Tristan didn’t care much for the self-depreciating way that he spoke about himself. Grizzled, yes. Weathered, yes. Scarred, yes. But ugly? Definitely not.

“I-I’m sorry,” Tristan stuttered out somewhat breathlessly, reaching a hand up to slowly begin to pry the stranger’s hands from his shoulders, hoping that his hands weren’t as cold and clammy as they felt, “I mean no offense, friend. There was an accident, and....” Ice blue eyes glanced furtively around as he trailed off, knowing quite well that they were standing in the midst of a busy intersection between rather bustling market stalls and vendors. Looking left and right as though to find somewhere far more amicable and suiting for such a serious conversation, the young blacksmith let out a rough breath and focused back on the stranger. Jerking his chin to the right, Tristan motioned for him to follow. “C’mon.”

There was an alley nearby, a small tuck between two shops that would provide them with enough cover and space from the bodies that strolled up and down the cobblestone streets to talk in privacy. Well, Tristan honestly wasn’t worried about privacy so much as he was concerned with being out of the way. Stopping near the alley, the brunette turned to face his sudden compatriot and ran a hand through his hair with another exhale. Valiantly he at least tried a smile, although it came out more like a grimace.

“What’s your name?”

@Cesare Ulfhednar

Tristan Black
CREDITS